History

The club can trace its roots to the Willimantic Radio Club, which was established in the late 1940s.  The original Willimantic club seems to have become inactive but was reorganized in 1954.  Newspaper articles from the following decade describe the club as being involved in education and simulated emergency exercises.  By the early 1970s the club again appears to have become inactive.  Former Willimantic club members then established the Natchaug Amateur Radio Association, which continues in the present day as the Natchaug Amateur Radio Club. 

For over 30 years until 2015, we sponsored the Hartford Hamfest, customarily held at the end of May at the UCONN Tolland County Agricultural Center in Vernon, CT.